The Cheese Tasting Experience
High Quality Ingredients
Locally sourced produce
Award winning cheeses
Hunter Valley Cheese, Regional Preserves & Olive Tasting
$15.50 per guest
Taste five of our handmade Hunter Valley Cheeses with matching bread and/or crackers.
- Seated Tasting
- Shared tasting trio of housemade fruit paste, olive medley & our famous caramelised balsamic vinegar & hunter olive oil blend
- Senior Cheese Expert presentation of Hunter Valley Cheese & produce on Tasting
- Regional Producer overview – “Making cheese in the Hunter Valley”
- Question & Answer
- Optional Extras can be ordered on arrival meats, olives etc…
Hunter Valley Cheese Co - Lunch Tasting
$23.00 per guest – made for two to share
- Three handmade Hunter Valley Cheeses -your selection or we can advise our cheeses at their seasonal best. Choose from Branxton Brie, Vintage Cheddar, Goats Cheese and Blue Vein, we have a range of 20 cheeses to savour.
- We will include Local Artisan Breads Lavosh, crispbreads & water crackers
- Quince Paste, deliciously sweet, to accompany your platter
On arrival you are welcome to add cold cuts, local olives, dips, cornichons, salmon, anchovies to add to your vineyard lunch.
Artisan Cheese & Cheesemaking Appreciation 101
- One on one session
- Artisan tasting of seven regional Hunter Valley Cheeses with Tasting Notes
- Gourmet crackers to match cheese eg. Beetroot, Oat, Lavosh & Crispbread
- Class Notes to take home including Fresh Cheese Recipes to make at home
Cheese Appreciation 101 includes
- History of Cheesemaking, Cheese Styles, Regionality of Cheesemaking, Cheese selection when purchasing, Cheese care at home, Design / Structure of the perfect cheeseboard, Questions & Answer Session with one of our Senior Cheese Expert
- Comes with two matching wines – one red and one white from internationally awarded McGuigan Wines.
ARTISAN CHEESEMAKING WORKSHOP
A fun and interactive Cheesemaking Workshop – Make your own Cheese !!
Learning the fundamental science of cheesemaking with our Master Cheesemaker will set you up to discover the world of home cheesemaking.
- 2.5hr practical cheesemaking workshop –take home two new cheeses & recipe at the end of the session.
- Enjoy our Cheese Appreciation Class while your cheese is “ripening” – cheese tasting and wine match, learn the origins of cheese, ripening principles, storage and aging Share your experience with others over our shared table of artisan cheese and accompaniments matched to Hunter Valley wine.
While this is a food safe & technical workshop our team make it perfect to enjoy with family and friends.
Handmade Cheesemaking School with Cheese Tasting
$35 per Adult, $10 per child
School holiday special
Head Cheesemaker, David will demonstrate how cheese is made and hold an interactive chat throughout the class ensuring this is fun and Educational activity for all ages.
Included is our Hunter Valley Cheese 5 cheese tasting with Regional Produce, children under 13yrs will enjoy pared back tasting of fresh, creamy and bitey cheese.
Duration 1hr (but feel free to stay and relax to enjoy your cheese tasting)