The Cheese Tasting Experience
High Quality Ingredients
Locally sourced produce
Award winning cheeses
Hunter Valley Five Cheese Tasting
Available Monday to Friday (excluding Public Holidays)
- Shared tasting of five regional Hunter Valley Cheeses & Bread or crackers to best match the cheese.
- Seated Tasting with Table Water (dine in or outside)
- Senior Cheese Expert presentation of Hunter Valley Cheese on your tasting board.
- Regional Producer overview – making regional cheese in the Hunter Valley Vineyards.
- Question & Answer Session
Hunter Valley Cheese & Regional Preserves & Olive Tasting
$14.95 per guest
- Shared tasting of five regional Hunter Valley Cheeses & Bread or Crackers to best match the cheese.
- Seated Tasting with Table Water.
- Shared tasting trio of housemade fruit paste, olive medley & our famous caramelised balsamic vinegar & hunter olive oil blend
- Senior Cheese Expert presentation of Hunter Valley Cheese & produce on Tasting
- Regional Producer overview – “Making cheese in the Hunter Valley”
- Question & Answer Session
- Optional Extras can be ordered on arrival meats olives etc…
Hunter Valley Cheese Co - Lunch Tasting Plus
- Three Hunter Valley Handmade Cheese varieties -your selection or we can advise cheeses at their seasonal best.
- Selection of Quality Breads & Water Crackers
- Fruit Paste in Season to accompany
Optional extras can be ordered on arrival, eg charcuterie, olives, dips, pate, cornichons, salmon, anchovies etc….
Artisan Cheese & Cheesemaking Appreciation 101
- One on one session
- Artisan tasting of seven regional Hunter Valley Cheeses with Tasting Notes
- Gourmet crackers to match cheese eg. Beetroot, Oat, Lavosh & Crispbread
- Class Notes to take home including Fresh Cheese Recipes to make at home
Cheese Appreciation 101 includes
- History of Cheesemaking, Cheese Styles, Regionality of Cheesemaking, Cheese selection when purchasing, Cheese care at home, Design / Structure of the perfect cheeseboard, Questions & Answer Session with one of our Senior Cheese Expert
- Comes with two matching wines – one red and one white from internationally awarded McGuigan Wines.
ARTISAN CHEESEMAKING WORKSHOP
$200.00 per guest
A fun and interactive Cheesemaking Workshop – Make your own Cheese !!
Learning the fundamental science of cheesemaking with our Master Cheesemaker will set you up to discover the world of home cheesemaking.
- 2.5hr practical cheesemaking workshop –take home two new cheeses & recipe at the end of the session.
- Enjoy our Cheese Appreciation Class while your cheese is “ripening” – cheese tasting and wine match, learn the origins of cheese, ripening principles, storage and aging Share your experience with others over our shared table of artisan cheese and accompaniments matched to Hunter Valley wine.
While this is a food safe & technical workshop our team make it perfect to enjoy with family and friends.